Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cool Weather & Dark Movies

FINALLY!!!! The best days of Miami are around the corner with this amazing weather! It seems like the end of the year in the Flamingo Paradise it's going to be nice and cold!

Adding to that Halloween is this weekend.  My favorite time of the year!  Oh yeah, it's definitely the most fun and enigmatic day!  I love watching a marathon of crazy old & new horror movies during this time of the year. Not only does it give me inspiration for my costume, but it makes the entire black month more interesting. 

I want to share a classic horror movie from the 80's called 'AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON'. I'm sure you've probably seen it, it's a Classic!!!!  Don't you just love it?  So kinky and 80's.  It's a mix of comedy & light horror with Rick Baker handling the amazing special effects and making a statement.  

I was reading his profile today and he's been linked with some of the most amazing special effects movies like::Norbit/X-men 3/Hellboy/Batman Forever, etc.. (check his profile).  The soundtrack is pretty amazing also, and has that famous song from 'Credence Clearwater Revival' called 'Bad Moon Rising'.  The director's name is Jonh Landis, the same guy that directed Animal House.  I think he loves to play with different types of animals..... 

Here's the preview.  Hope you enjoy it and check out the movie if you've never seen it before or haven't seen it in a while.



2 comments:

dp said...

well here I am my dear... at very late in the evening. Well what can I say, such a cheesy movie but still love the humor. That's the way scary movies should be like, how about that line? "you really scared me YOU shit head" HAHA.

Ps. Credence Clearwater R so my style.

Li said...

LOL!!! Cheesy with such a great humor, thats why I love it. But we have to give credits to the 80's decade; back then almost all movies had a little bit of cheesiness...hahah

Hey ...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :)

Ps:: I knew it !